The Eliopoli’s development follows a “Circular Sector Concept”.
We have defined 5 circular sectors.
- WOODLANDS/WETLANDS CONSERVATION
- BUSINESS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- SOCIAL SQUARE
Less that 10 % of the surface will be used for dwelling purpose.
Less that 1% of it for Business purpose.
The following is an overview of these general sectors which we have defined within the new overall Comprehensive Development Zone.
Inherent in this new CD Zone is the understanding that the full property becomes a ‘classroom’ of sorts. Moreover, the use of all sectors will involve demonstration of the RCD principles described above.
SECTOR 1. WOODLANDS/WETLANDS CONSERVATION
In this sector we intent to start the:
- Creation of park spaces
- Mapping of the sector to inventory and defined areas for ‘sensitive-ecosystem’ conservation covenants to protect swamp areas and wetlands.
- Management regenerative ecosystem projects to reintroduce native plant/animal species.
- Planning of integrated natural water systems management
- - Management of wood lot and involvement of selective harvesting within existing alder stand and reforesting with deciduous & coniferous trees.
- Increasing of diversity of woodlot species including mushrooms, medicinal herbs and craft materials.
- - Management of trees along perimeter line of property to improve the buffer to the neighboring properties.
SECTOR 2. AGRICULTURAL
In this sector we foreseen the:
- Combination of poultry, small livestock [sheep, goats, etc] for guests and residents’ food, and agricultural revenue.
Enlargement of fruit, nut and berry orchards.
Expansion of vegetable, herb, and flower gardens.
Further development of greenhouse and nursery operation.
Production of ‘value-added’ agricultural products (seeds, dried flowers and herbs, and processed foods).
SECTOR 3. RESIDENTIAL
Here we aim at
- Buildings designed to be energy and space efficient. Use of natural materials like log homes and straw bales.
Continued work with Development Services, other public agencies, and private businesses to integrate conventional and innovative sustainable building and renewable energy technologies.
Pedestrian focus with access road to be approved for use by emergency vehicles.
Small tenting area to be provided for limited number of overnight event guests.
SECTOR 4. BUSINESS & INFRASTRUCTURE
The main building rises in this sector and is the location for:
Shared facilities (such as utilities, recreational and workshops).
Provides central gathering area for community green business activities.
- All the business activities described below.
SECTOR 5. PIAZZA
The Piazza (Square) is an open common space, found in the heart of the project. It is used for community gatherings.